Honor Credit Union to provide contact-free community shred days
BERRIEN SPRINGS — In partnership with Data Guardian and Country Mile Shredding Service, Honor Credit Union announced its Free Community Shred Day schedule throughout its member center communities. This year, to ensure the safety of Team Honor, members and the community, these events will be contact-free to adhere to public safety and social distancing guidelines, officials said.
Hosted at Honor Credit Union member center locations, Free Community Shred Days are an opportunity to safely dispose of all sensitive documents residents no longer need. These documents could include tax forms from previous years or any document with personal information, such as social security number or home address.
To remain contact-free during Honor’s Free Community Shred Days, customers can drive up alongside the member center or designated area, and a staff member will be ready to take documents from the car straight to the shred truck on site. Customers are asked to limit shred to 10 boxes or bags per business or household. The events will run during scheduled times, or until the shred trucks have met capacity. The 2020 Free Community Shred Day schedule is as follows:
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 27 – St. Joseph Member Center
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, July 17 – Battle Creek-Helmer Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Friday, July 24th – Coldwater Member Center
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7 – Allegan Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Aug. 22 – Niles Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Aug. 29 – Paw Paw Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 12 – South Haven Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 12 – Gwinn Member Center
- 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 19 – Portage Member Center